Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Preparations

Oh @#%&! What was I thinking? I haven't been on a blind date in over two years and that one just about gave me a nervous breakdown! I had to go out and buy a new dress, shoes and make sure my hair was perfect. Plus I drove to Southern California for that one. I think I made my friend Mary a little nuts. I know you can't pace in a car but whatever it was that I was doing was the equivalent. I am too tall, too fat, too old? Again were the pictures I sent too good? A friend told me to make sure I told him I wasn't a "California Girl". Huh? Was that some kind of remark on my appearance? Can I lose twenty pounds in a week?

All right calm yourself and think. Okay I mostly wear glasses but the pic I posted shows me with contacts, find them...okay done. Now the picture only shows my head. How can I camouflage my butt? Can I lose twenty pounds in a week? No that didn't work before it won't now. I did say a "few extra pounds" in my profile. Was that the right choice? Should I have said "curvy"? "Heavyset" no that's not right...is it? Where were the "Lush" "Zaftig" and "Several extra pounds" choices when I needed them??

Alright...shop! I hate shopping. Need some black pants, new shirt, shoes and bra? Bra?? Noooo better not do that, that's inviting trouble. But I have too! Dog training only requires sports bras and those are NOT very flattering. Okay well just don't think about it that way. That will bring up a whole new set of neurosis. Shave legs? Nooooo don't do that. But what if I cross my legs and he can see? Okay only to the knee...that's all right? Right?

STOP! It's just a date I might not like him he might not like me. Still no reason to look ugly...right? Okay dressed....ready to go....fortified with a Margarita...gonna throw up. Wait is that a new zit? Noooooooooooooooo! Oh shoot he's at the door. Why the heck didn't I meet him somewhere? He could be a serial killer! Is there time to back out?

Just breathe and open the door.........Hi!

No comments: