Wednesday, December 6, 2006

The Librarian

Okay so while I was swooning disgustingly with the cute one, I was also talking to the librarian. Really he is. Or rather becoming one. Such an opposite of the cute one. Well read, politically in line with me and obviously very well educated. It takes a lot of school to be a librarian. In between flirty texts I had had a couple of phone conversations with him.

Honestly I had two reservations....one, it was hard to get a word in edgewise with this guy. Now I'll admit one of my greatest faults in life is interrupting people and talking too much but this guy made me seem quiet by comparison. Well...maybe he babbles when nervous?? The second reservation was a little embarrassing.... I knew a man who worked in the same mall I did several years back. He was so very nice, HIV positive and a former "Miss Florida" in other words a big old flaming drag queen. I loved him! But never had an urge to date him. The librarian?? Sounds just like him. Is this something I can deal with?? We make a date and I resolve to give it a shot.

So the date is the same day as the Apple cup. Alas the librarian is a huge Husky fan and must watch the game to the bitter end. So we make plans to meet around 8:00 that night. He will come straight from the game. I put on what I now consider my "Match" uniform (hey I paid good money for it, why not use it?) and go to the same bar, the same table to wait. After the waiter takes my drink order I realize I must look like a prostitute. Different men very week? Alas not a very good one...I never even got a birthday present.

Okay so first off he shows up a half hour late, not so good I'm a stickler for time...don't waste mine. Then he's wearing a sweatshirt with the arms cut off and pants that look like he painted his kitchen in them. Also not good. I mean I realize he was watching a game but would it have killed him to bring a different shirt?? Okay let that go Miss Match.

So we talk and he is still well read and interesting...very good....but what's he doing?? Is he....??? Nah, couldn't be...holy @#%* he is! The man is alternating between long looks at a game on the TV's (note to self find a bar with out TVs) to long looks at my boobs! What?? Okay so I pull my shirt closed. Nope that just drew more attention to them. He cannot seem to get his eyes up. Hello!! Up here! Oh wait now it's the TV again, now boobs, now TV, now boobs......grrrrrr!

Alrighty time to invoke the "I've got to get up early excuse" and get the hell away. Lesson learned drag queen voice doesn't necessary mean gay but may very well mean annoying boob watcher. So now there is a guy with Harry Potter glasses wonder what he's up to next weekend??

No comments: