Thursday, December 7, 2006

Harry Potter

So onward and forward.... While I was considering the librarian I was also talking to.... Harry Potter. Or maybe Ghandi? John Lennon? Okay a guy with little round glasses. He wasn't inundating me with emails, he easily agreed to the date I chose, he didn't immediately ask for my phone number (hello boys supposed to be anonymous!) and he chose the place to meet. Wasn't wishy washy and indecisive. Here is his first contact...

Hello Puppy Gal,You sound more like a chameleon than a human, and that's good, I like chameleons. Actually I find your picture attractive, and your profile short and um ... quirky? It's good, I like it. I hope you like mine as well, and I hope to hear from you. And yes, I do like dogs, my place is a regular hangout for the neighborhood gang of four dogs (Chloe, Zeke, Tough, and Ball).

Puppy Gal is my chosen handle. So short sweet and to the point all good. So we agreed to meet on a Saturday night. I dressed in my "Match" uniform and headed off into the night. Now another tactic I use is to get there before they do so I don't have to do that walk across the room, eyes searching for someone, anyone who resembles that fuzzy picture they posted. Usually a cut off job with a female hand or a bit of hair sticking out from one side...a tiny remnant of the past.

I seat myself facing the door and wait. "Is that him?" no too short...."Wait is that him?" no too young....Finally he comes in. He is just as tall as he said...yippeeee! So he stops and says my name, I answer yes and he says "You look nothing like the picture you posted" Oh %$#@ what does that mean?? Is that good? Or bad?? I knew I should have chosen a different picture!! So I ask "Is that good or bad?" He says "Oh no it's good! You're fine! I mean...you know you're fine. Oh crap" I may be a mean mean woman but his discomfort makes me more comfortable.

We have a drink and since all goes well move on to dinner. Now I am a fine hearty eater in most cases but on first dates I become daterexic...can't eat. But I also know if I don't eat he won't feel comfortable eating. So I order a salad and pick. He's very nice, doesn't stare at my boobs, ends the date at a comfortable point, gives me a hug and asks me out again. "Sure!" I say, thinking "Wow a second date. Huh!" We walk out and I see him get into his Porshe Boxster...sigh the pattern continues...

I wonder what will happen?

1 comment:

hopemcp said...

Do you think maybe instead of having a Match uniform, the guys have a Match Rent-a-Car?